TUNA / Prostiva Patient Instructions
Valium 5 mg # 3
Levaquin 500 mg # 6
Ultracet # 20
- Please take one valium 30 minutes prior to your procedure. You may take a second tablet of Valium while waiting in the reception room ONLY if you are still nervous. Save the third tablet in case you will need it later.
- Levaquin 500 mg should be taken one tablet daily. Start the antibiotics (levaquin) the day before your procedure.
- Ultracet should be taken one to two tablets every four to six hours only if you experience pain after the procedure.
- If you are taking Aspirin or blood thinners, they should be stopped 3 days prior to your procedure.
- Please purchase a Fleet’s enema from your pharmacy. The enema should be used two hours prior to your procedure.
- Please arrange transportation to and from the treatment facility.
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothes.
- Decrease or eliminate your alcohol, caffeine and tobacco 48 hour prior to the procedure.
- Blood in urine is quite common. You will be asked to remove your catheter a day prior to your follow up visit, and will be instructed how to do so.
- Fevers are never normal after a TUNA. You must either see us in our office immediately, or go to the George Washington or Sibley emergency room right away if they occur.
If you need to reschedule your procedure, kindly give us 48 business hour notice to avoid a $100 cancellation fee.