Diet And Bowel Prep For Cryoablation Surgery
- Please go on a low fiber diet starting 48 hours prior to your procedures.
- The day before the procedure, have a clear liquid lunch (see list below).
- At 2:00 the day before each procedure, take 10 ounces of magnesium citrate laxative (buy at local drug store).
- Once you have taken magnesium citrate, dinner (supper) should consist of clear liquids. Nothing solid to eat, until after the procedure.
- Clear fluids until midnight, then absolutely nothing to eat or drink.
- The morning of procedure do a fleets enema rectally 2-3 hours prior to arriving at the surgical facility.
Clear liquids: water, coffee, tea, fruit juices (no pulp) clear soup, plain Jell-O, pop.
No milk, cream, orange juice.